The right to a healthy life – what every child deserves.
Children are the future of our society. Every child deserves a good physical, emotional and social environment for growth and well being.
A healthy childhood is mandatory for a child to have a better start of life. A good health is what one needs to live the life to its fullest. Health is a basic necessity and it is the foundation for the development of an individual.
With rising complex health diseases like asthma, diabetes and eating disorders, raising a healthy child isn’t that easy as it sounds in our today’s busy lifestyle. Changing families, weekend parental confidence, inconsistent child care and high stress levels are holding a huge impact in a child’s growth.
Food habits and daily physical activities being the core deciding factors, this generation kids are either obese or underweight due to their unhealthy food intake such as snacks, takeaway fast foods and irregular physical activities.
Listed below are a few simple ways for a healthy growth of your children.
- A good and healthy childhood begins with optimal development even before birth. Immunization and breastfeeding are a great kick start for a healthy life. All the medical requirements of a kid have to be met.
- Nutritional food is every individual’s right. 3 meals a day including a healthy breakfast is mandatory. Poor diet such as packed and processed food must be avoided. Consuming fruits and vegetables boost the vitality.
- Intake of adequate fluids every day is a simple but effective habit. Drinking water in regular intervals refuels the body and prevents dehydration. Water is a magical solution that is far better than any other carbonated drinks and sugary juices to quench our thirst.
- void sedentary activities that make your kids stay indoors and expose them to outdoor activities that improve their psychological and physical health needs. Regular exercise and physical activities such as sports and leisure improve their neural and immune system.
- Adequate and peaceful sleep can create wonders. Good sleeping practices help them relax and improve alertness and performance. Children who get adequate sleep are less prone to psychological and behavioral problems.
- Emotional wellness is one major factor that parents miss out to check upon while taking care of their kids’ health. Sense of emotional security, self acceptance, family attachment, positive relation with others, competence and personal growth are the few highly important factors that every child needs to attain for a healthy childhood.