Volunteers are the backbone of every developmental initiative. They are the true ambassadors of our undertaking, breathing the ideals of our cause and sensitising people towards our mission. Ekam believes in the steam, strength and innovativeness of volunteers. To join us in our cause as a volunteer and make a difference, please Contact us.
Every little act counts and we are always looking for volunteers with energy and excitement to get involved in one of our many initiatives. We encourage and invite volunteers who believe in striving towards long term solutions with impact beyond just seeking the satisfaction of doing social work.
Responsibilities and Code of contact
- Become familiar with EKAM Mission and Programs Goals in which you are involved
- Be considerate, respect the ability of the other staff and work as a member of the team
- Carry out assignments in good spirit and seek the assistance of your Reporting Officer in any situation requiring special guidance
- Provide feedback, suggestions and recommendations to your Reporting Officer and staff if these might increase the effectiveness of the Program
- In Interacting with families of children with cancer at all times be sensitive to their situation. Building relationships and bonds with them. It is the most rewarding part of volunteering at EKAM. If there are specific areas of concern bring them to the notice of your Reporting Officer
- Do take on advocating for resources/help/finances for them, but do not under any circumstances, do this directly without the involvement of EKAM
- Maintain discipline in the assigned area
- Don’t use abusive languages
- Please be on time and maintain punctuality
- If there is any inconvenience please inform the project officer