EKAM SOUL FORCE
Enhancing Task Force in Enlightening Ekam’s Knowledge to Other Regions
Ekam soul force is formed to share Ekam’s way of experiencing the fullness of life through the medium of truth.
Give me oil in my lamp, keep me burning,
Give me oil in my lamp, I pray,
Give my oil in my lamp, keep me burning,
Keep me burning till the break of day.
As more people come in and invest their energy, the soul force will keep growing and become brighter
It is believed that every effort to save a person’s life is more of a spiritual inspiration rather than a moral or social aspect.
EKAM SOUL FORCE – The Idea, the ConsciousnessEkam foundation is an organisation that works for the delivery of quality healthcare to mothers and children and thereby improving their wellbeing. Established in the year 2007 in TN, Ekam has facilitated the delivery of life saving healthcare to over 8000 children and reached out to over 3,00,000 families. Since then, Ekam has been growing and intensifying its operations across India.
As Ekam expands, there is now a need to collectively bring together a force of individuals who will be a medium to ensure that the purpose of Ekam is understood by all that we associate with. This force is the soul of Ekam and the core of Ekam.
The Vision of the Ekam soul force is to slowly disseminate the learning and knowledge gained through our years of experience in the field while keeping in mind Ekam’s core values and ensuring that its reason of existence is given priority.
All inclusiveness, truth, compassion and ultimately, self obsolescence are the core values of Ekam. The soul force will also ensure these ideas are clearly understood by all the stakeholders.
The Ekam soul force is the subtler entity which will continue to provide light to the other entities who are investing their energy in the Ekam workspace. This energy will be akin to the oil that keeps the light of a lamp burning. This energy will make it glow brighter, ultimately becoming one with another.
Governance,through Social audit and introduction of the concept of a circular model and our value systems will be core focus areas of the Ekam Soul force. The aim is to decentralize the core team to expand the Ekam model, refine and evolve the idea together and thereby better the quality of services, training, maintenance, community reach and to have more proactive approach in the healthcare spectrum.
tamaso ma jyotirgamaya
mrtyorma amrtam gamaya
Lead me from the untruth to the truth.
Lead me from darkness to light.
Lead me from death to immortality.
Working in harmony with five elements of Nature
Composition of Human Beings
Humans are one of the many living organisms present on Earth. We are physically made up of exactly the same elements that form all of the other entities that live on Earth. When we die, our bodies return to the earth, water, fire, air and space. A person sustains the combination of elements already present in the body through breathing air and consuming food and liquids - taking in those elements found in the surrounding natural world.
The “five element” theory explains the similarity between humans and the natural world surrounding them. In our body, space/akasha is present wherever there is a cavity like in the nostrils, mouth, ears, throat, lungs, and stomach; air/vayu in movement of the lungs, heart, stomach, intestines and joints; fire/agni in all metabolic activity, the eyes, intelligence and body temperature; water/jala in all plasma, blood, mucus, and saliva; and earth/prithvi in any solid structure like fat, muscles, skin, nails and hair.
The basic elemental compatibility or similarity between Earth and humans clarifies why substances found in the natural world (plants, herbs, foods) are usually harmonious with the human system. They can be easily absorbed and cause no adverse reactions or side effects (if consumed in appropriate quantities) because they are fundamentally the same in character and composition. This is why foods and herbs are able to heal the human body. Vegetation can repair and restructure humans because they share a common elemental basis.
Our activities in relation to 5 elements of nature for the human wellbeing :
- AIR – identify, create awareness and prevent occupational hazards, Pollution free environment
- WATER – Sanitation, waste water management, Solid Waste Management , facilitation of clean drinking water and toilets
- SPACE – Yoga, Meditation and value based spiritual education
- FIRE – youth/women empowerment through maternal and child health awareness , fitness assessment, community partnership, ownership, monitoring and advocacy, livelihood training through Ajeevika and health assurance through PBS.
- EARTH – cleaning activities ,Kitchen Garden , Herbal garden and Food and Nutrition
- Transfer the values, governance concept through social audits and circular model concept and experience of Ekam
- Neutrally provide support all the new operations technically.
- Ensure that the model and governance system of Ekam is well understood.
- Ensure that the value systems of Ekam are passed on
- Ultimately reach out to all the children and mothers and become one with them ;]
- To ensure all the 5 bodies -Physical, mental, emotional, psychological and spiritual well being and development of not just the mothers and children but of all who are partners in this effort.
The method of working of the Ekam SF team is the BOOT model [Build, Own, Operate and Transfer]. The soul force will work closely with all new Ekam wings and ensure that the concept of Ekam is well understood. The soul force will march with the CAD’s of each state in India and keep transferring all the knowledge until they have absorbed the nuances of Ekam’s method of operation, ultimately ensuring that it will function on its own.
- Soul Force to come up with Manuals, MOUs, Software, Training modules, Governance document with in 3 months
- Soul Force will build the CAD team in the region they are working as project of Ekam foundation, own it up and operate it through the CAD team for a specific period(1year -2year) till the CAD team is able to independently manage. Funds raised during this period will be in the name of Ekam Foundation. Once the complete knowledge transfer happens and CAD is able to independently manage , Soul Force will withdraw and will be completely owned by the CAD team of the specific region. During this knowledge transfer, CAD will support ESF financially .
- No legal connection will be there between Ekam Soul force and CAD of the specific region
- Central data repository system and software rights owned by ESF. NDA will be signed, no data will be exposed and and only learnings will be shared to other regions
- After withdrawal, Social audits will be done by ESF and report with recommendations would be submitted.
- Sharing of learnings from different regions and experiencing oneness will continue to happen through exchange programmes.
ROLE OF THE EKAM SOUL FORCE
- Develop, Evolve and Review the Ekam model in every new area.
- Constantly build and upgrade the Ekam model as per changing requirements.
- Provide technical support and guidelines for all the stakeholders
- Provide Guidelines for community , facility teams
- Evaluate the overall performance of all Ekam programs.
- Develop operational and training manuals.
- Develop an effect R&D team which will continually provide preventive health and support information to the Ekam project office
- The soul force team will have a stake / place in governing boards.
CURRENT OPERATING SPACE and IN PIPELINE
- ANDHRA PRADESH
ESK Business & Financial Model:
Will be a separate independent knowledge transfer entity, will function as a social-conscious consultancy firm.
ESK will work in forming central admin department (CAD) in every state/region. This CAD will also be another separate independent functioning body, where ESK will transfer its knowledge to CAD over a period of time. The time of absorption of knowledge will vary from different regions. ESK will offer its services for a fee, which will be charge on a social conscious basis.
ESK will help the CAD of every region to expand its operations in offering valuable services / products in support of providing quality healthcare to low income people and other under privileged children.
ESK will train the CAD of every region with its long gained knowledge and technical know-how in various aspects of saving children
ESK will provide an operating manual / toolkit for CAD
ESK will provide an application oriented software in collecting data and also helps them in maintaining confidentially of all sensitive data
ESK will support and enhance the capacity of CAD in developing advocacy
ESK will support in sourcing or identifying Quality Company in maintenance of equipments in healthcare provider's places especially at government hospitals.
ESK will bring resources to training community workers, ROs, preventive health workers, etc.
ESK will bring in human resource support in recruiting medical personals, nurses, doctors and train them to provide quality output.
ESK will play a role in ensuring governance and maintain values in implementing these noble tasks, in support of EKAM's one of its main objects - zero tolerance on corruption and abuse.
|The budget for the Ekam soul force is Rs 2, 01,332 per month. This includes the cost for personnel, travel and other overheads.|
|S. No.||ITEM||No of Units||Cost per unit||Overall cost|
|1||Personnel cost - Consultants||3||44444||133332|
|2||Travel , Accommodation and food||6||10000||60000|
|3||Telephone and communication||1||5000||5000|